- Standard Measuring Range: 0.005 to 0.05 ppm Discoloration compared to color standard
- Number of Strokes n: 200
- Time for Measurement: Approx. 50 min
- Standard Deviation: ± 30 %
- Color Change: White → Blue
Ambient Operating Conditions:
- Temperature: 15 to 30 °C
- Absolute Humidity: 3 to 15 mg H2O / L
- Dimethyl sulphate + 4-(4-Nitrobenzyl)-pyridine → colorless alkylation product colorless alkylation product ä blue reaction product
- Phosgene and chloroformates cause a yellow discoloration of the indicating layer, and it is impossible to perform a dimethyl sulphate measurement.
- Alcohols, ketones, aromatics and petroleum hydrocarbons in the TLV range do not affect the indication.
- After carrying out the required 200 pump strokes the reagent ampoule must be broken, the liquid transferred onto the indicating layer and carefully drawn through it using the pump.
- Wait five minutes before evaluating the indication.
- The tube must not be exposed to direct sunlight during the 5 minutes waiting period.