- Standard Measuring Range: 0.3 to 5 ppm
- Number of Strokes n: 20
- Time for Measurement: Approx. 8 min
- Standard Deviation: ± 10 to 15 %
- Color Change: Pale Green-Grey → Brown
Ambient Operating Conditions:
- Temperature: 0 to 40 °C
- Absolute Humidity: < 15 mg H2O / L
- Cl2 + o-tolidine → brown reaction product
- Bromine is indicated with the same sensitivity, but with a paler discoloration.
- Chlorine dioxide is indicated with different sensitivity.
- Nitrogen dioxide is indicated as well, but with a paler discoloration and lower sensitivity.
Extension of the Measuring Range:
- Using n = 10 strokes, multiply the reading by 2, the measuring range will be 0.6 to 10 ppm.